CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 1, 2011

Bump Board

Bumping someone in my classroom is an ultimate favorite for my second graders.  I reserved a small section of my bulletin board for our "Bump Board".  In the beginning of the year I tell my students that I am looking for four super star papers.  Work that is neat, their best work, and of course has their name on it can be in the running to go on our Bump Board.  Once I choose 4 papers I call each child up to hang their papers.  They are so proud as their classmates clap and their masterpieces get to hang proud!!  Then, whenever I come across a paper, test, writing assignment, etc. that is fabulous I call them up and they get to bump someone off.  Before implementing this we talk about not getting upset when their paper is bumped off and to be a good sport.  I have been using this for the past 3 years in my room and have never had a negative issue with it.  It is super easy to implement and it doesn't cost anything to make it. 
Here is a picture of mine...

No comments:

Post a Comment